Bonjour! I just returned from attending the Angoulême BD 2012, Europe's largest Comic Book event. I joined a crazy bunch of Artists and Editors from Xabiroi Comic Book Magazine and traveled to the French city of Angoulême for two days of enjoying all kinds of Comic Book and Illustration art. Among other things, I stumbled upon Juanjo Guarnido (Blacksad), met the amazingly talented Aleksi Briclot, and payed a visit to Kei Acedera and Bobby Chiu at the Imaginism stand, where we chatted and ended up exchanging some presents (hadn't seen them since I left Sheridan College). Attending the festival was a great experience: I enjoyed some interesting conversations, laughed a lot and discovered some new and exciting artists. As well as, of course, walking away with some art goodies:
- The Perfect Bait and a cool print by Bobby Chiu (It surely will be an interesting read).
- Aleksi Bricolt's Worlds & Wonders. (Despite the book being an awesome enough catch by itself, Aleksi drew me a really badass sketch to go with it... just great).
- Ashley Wood's World War Robot. (Muddy, rusty and delicious).
- A couple of Japanese TOMBOW ABT "marker-brushes" (Saw Aleksi using these and had to get myself a pair. Hopefully they work as graciously in my hand).
- A Comix Buro Sketchbook by artist Didier Cassegrain (An awesome new discovery).
Bonne nuit and thanks for stopping by.